Thursday 23 August 2018

Garratt's first law of . . .

Garratt's 1st law of Agile states:

"Agile is a good thing. It's endorsed by major companies and analyst firms. Lots of people are using it."
"Agile projects get funding - usually for the above reasons"
"My project needs funding"
"Therefore my project is Agile"

See also Blockchain, Containers, Cloud, SOA, BPM, Cognitive...

Is your project using the right technologies and methods for the right reasons?

See also Garatt's 1st corollary of Agile:

"Having agile skills is good for my career and pays well"
"I need Agile on my CV (resumé)"
"Therefore we will use Agile on this project"

See also Blockchain, Containers, Cloud, SOA, BPM, Cognitive...

From an alternate perspective, Garratt's 2nd corollary of Agile:

"Many people and companies want to use Agile and therefore have budget for it."
"I need to sell my products and services"
"Therefore my products and services are Agile!"

See also Blockchain, Containers, Cloud, SOA, BPM, Cognitive...

No comments:

Post a Comment